How to make waffles without waffle maker. There’s nothing better than a perfectly cooked waffle that’s soft in the middle, crispy on the outside, and dusted with powdered sugar.
By Sunday morning rolls around, the idea of having homemade waffles with your family is more appealing than sleep.
But what if you don’t have a waffle maker? Relax. Other genius ways exist to make perfectly cooked waffles without even needing a waffle maker!
If there’s one you can borrow (or even acquire used), go for it! If not, here are two other great options:
How To Make Waffles Without Waffle Maker
1. Using a Grill Pan
You’ll need a grill pan if you want to serve tasty waffles to your guests or family.
Grill pans may be used for more than just steaming hot waffles and improving morning meal recipes; they can also be used to prepare other flavorful meals or marinate various types of meat.
This stainless steel variant is recommended since it has rubberized grips that do not become too hot when in contact with the element.
Here Is the Step By Step Guide on How to Make a Waffle by Using a Grill Pan.
- In a bowl with butter, crack an egg and a glass of milk. Combine all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, baking soda, salt, and flour until a homogeneous wet mixture forms.
- Prepare your grill pan by heating it. Drizzle melted butter all over the heated grill pan’s surface. When the butter begins to sizzle, your grill pan is ready.
- Place the batter on the grill. On the pan, use your batter to create your chosen symbols or motifs.
- The outside should be crunchy and tasty, while the inside should be fluffy, soft, and warm. Reduce the heat on your grill to medium-low, so the waffle does not develop brown lines or dry places.
- You can’t turn off the waffle iron until the waffle is done and the edges are crispy. Flip the waffle with a spatula and cook the other side.
- Once it’s ready, place the homemade soup into a container with a lid to remain warm. Repeat this step until you have no more soup left to make.
- If you want to spruce up your breakfast, consider adding some fresh diced fruits and enjoy.
2. Using a Silicone Mold
Silicone has numerous applications, not the least in the kitchen! If you have an ice cube tray on hand, you can make some delicious waffles.
See how these unique molds can make a difference! Silicone mold will save you time and work in addition to appearing super-cool and on-point.
Cook up to four waffles at a time to make your kitchen tasks much easier!
Here Is the Step By Step Guide on How to Make a Waffle by Using a Silicone Mold.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Fahrenheit. Eggs and milk both play important roles in baking. Both are critical ingredients in many recipes, so it’s a good idea to have them handy. Before adding the melted butter, thoroughly combine the wet ingredients.
- Mix the sugar, salt, flour, and baking powder in a mixing bowl. You’ll see lumps when you whisk the mixture. Stir until you observe a smooth batter formation to eliminate the bubbles.
- Pour some batter into the silicone mold. Microwave it for no longer than nine minutes, then set it aside to cool.
- Place your hand a few inches over the top of the oven before removing it. Make sure your writing isn’t hot. Please remove it from the heat and set it aside to enjoy.
Can you make waffles in the oven?
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5–8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the waffles.
While cooking, do not turn the pan. After they’ve cooled, carefully cut through the center with a knife to reveal the wonderful inside!
What is the difference between waffles and pancake batter?
Compared to pancake batter, waffle batter often contains more sugar, butter, and eggs. The amount of milk in pancake batter is higher than in waffle batter.
The texture of a waffle is fluffy on the inside and crispy on the exterior, whereas the surface of a pancake is soft on the inside and golden brown on the outside.